The Growth of Video Marketing
The popularity of video content continues to grow rapidly. Consumption of the powerful tool is increasing every year, but in the last couple of years, numbers are rocketing. It’s not only the consumer who has eyes fixated on the moving image, it’s become the “go-to” weapon for businesses and marketers and the results they’re witnessing are astonishing.
According to Wyzowl’s Video Marketing Statistics 2018 Survey;
- 85% of people say they’d like to see more video from brands in 2018.
- 95% of people have watched an explainer video to learn more about a product or service.
- 81% of people have been convinced to buy a product or service by watching a brand’s video.
- 69% of people have been convinced to buy a piece of software or application by watching a video.
Unsurprisingly, these stats have business owners and marketers licking their lips to use more and more video content in their marketing campaigns, therefore leading to the results below;
- 81% of businesses use video as a marketing tool. (up from 63% in 2017)
- 99% of businesses who use video say they will continue to do so in 2018. (the same percentage as last year)
- 85% of businesses regard video as an important part of their marketing strategy. (up from 82% in 2017)
- 82% of businesses plan to spend more on video marketing in 2018. (the same percentage as last year)
- 78% of marketers say video gives them a good ROI. (down from 83% in 2017)
Emma Dau @daugirl
But wait, there’s more;
- 97% of marketers say video has helped increase user understanding of their product or service.
- 76% say it helped them increase sales.
- 47% say it helped them reduce support queries.
- 76% say it helped them increase traffic.
- 80% of marketers say video has increased dwell time on their website.
These are just some of the results that show why you should be utilising video content in your marketing plan. It’s just way too powerful to ignore anymore.
It’s critical for brands to differentiate itself from other brands in the market, and to be a step ahead in the race.