Half of social media users prefer video over other types of content. That’s why social media video production demand has never been so high.
A carefully planned and engaging video is a powerful marketing asset. It immerses the viewer in a unique brand universe. It prompts your audience to connect with you and purchase from you.
Now, the reality is that every day, social media users upload millions of hours of video content on social media platforms.
This means that you need to stand out in a sea of videos!
And to help you in this task, we’ve listed below six tips on creating social media videos that will boost your engagement in 2024.
Research trending topics
Spending hours looking for exciting video ideas that will keep our audience coming back to your account can be painful.
Yet, it’s paramount if you want your content to resonate with your audience.
Find compelling video topics that resonate well with your audience, and you’ll quickly see your subscriber numbers and sales increase.
Here are four easy ways to find trending topics for videos.
Jump On YouTube
YouTube is the second-largest search engine in the world right now. So, it’s a platform you need to leverage when looking for trending topics.
How To Find Trending Topics on YouTube?
Leverage YouTube Trending Page
The YouTube Trending tab is a gold mine of information for marketers. It shows the type of content people want to consume right now.
That’s why YouTube Trending is a great way to find out what your audience is interested in at the moment. And it’s also a great tool to leverage if you want to rank for a trending topic because you’ll face way less competition than for an evergreen one.
Think about it; most of your competitors are fighting to rank for an evergreen word with a substantial historical search volume. Way less will try to rank for a trending term that barely has any!
Missed opportunity for them and a golden goose for you 😉
Get Inspiration From Your Competitors
Another way to leverage YouTube is to get inspiration from your competition.
- List 5 or 10 competitors (they don’t necessarily have to be local).
- Check what topics they cover and the most popular ones.
- Then, record a video on the same topics providing more value than they do.
Use Google Trends
Google Trends is an incredible free tool. And it can be very powerful when used properly. You can use Google Trends to understand a term’s popularity (via search volumes) in a specific country and over an extended period.
How To Find Trending Topics on Google Trends?
- Jump on the Google Trends homepage and type a keyword or key phrase. For instance, we’re a video production agency so we would like to know what topics are popular in our niche. So, we’ll type in “how to make a video.”
- On the uppermost tab, select the period and region.
- Finally, select YouTube.
The graph will show you the search volume for this keyphrase or keyword. But more importantly, if you scroll down to related queries, you will find a list of rising topics that could make for great social media video ideas!
Use Exploding Topics
As the name suggests, Exploding Topics helps users identify topics that are rapidly growing in popularity. These topics aren’t mainstream yet. But they have the potential to be one day.
You can use Exploding Topics to find trending topics for your videos for free by following these steps:
- Go to the Exploding Topics website.
- Sort your search by category and choose a timeframe. For the sake of this course, let’s pick marketing and look at trending topics over the last three months.
- You’ll be presented with graphs showing some of the most popular topics in this niche.
- You can also type a keyword in the search bar and look at what topics are coming up. These are the most researched around your keyword at the moment.
Pro tip: Subscribe to their newsletter, and you’ll receive free weekly insights into trending topics that haven’t gone mainstream yet.
Also, if you purchase the Pro version, you’ll have access to more results.
Spend Time On TikTok
TikTok is, without a doubt, THE place for business owners and marketers looking to find trending topic ideas for their videos.
How To Find Trending Topics on TikTok?
- Jump on your desktop to access one of TikTok’s latest features; the TikTok Creative Center.
- Once on the homepage and under Trends, you’ll be able to explore trending hashtags and videos.
- Choose your country of interest and click on “hashtag,” “song,” “creator,” or “video” to see what’s trending right now on the platform.
We recommend diving into the hashtag tab, as you’ll have access to precious analytics sorted by category.
They will show you the volume of people interested in a particular hashtag, its peak popularity, and related interests. All precious information that can help you assess topics that could be relevant to your own audience!
Writing Your Script
Writing your video script doesn’t have to be daunting or complex.
All you need to do is follow the proven structure below. Then, infuse your personality, add a zest of creativity, and sprinkle it all with a confident, engaging tone, and tada!
You get your recipe for success.
One of the most effective ways to write a script for educational videos is to follow the 4 A’s
Grab your viewers’ attention in the first line with a hook
Agitate the pain points your audience is experiencing
Show them HOW you can solve these problems and make their lives better
Call them to action and tell them how to get the solution
Shooting Your Video
Shooting your video starts with planning your visuals.
Here are the easy steps for planning visuals for short-format video production:
Define the purpose and message of the video
Start by clearly defining the purpose of the video and the message you want to convey. This will inform your visual choices and help guide the overall production.
Develop a visual structure and choose a video style
Using a visual list can help you visualise the flow of the video and ensure that all of the important elements are included.
First, choose the style of your video. Ask yourself what type of content you want to record. Will you be recording an interview with a client or making a video involving employees?
Then, plan the shots and angles you’re going to use to tell your story on camera. Consider how the shots will work together to create a cohesive visual experience.
During this step, make sure to select the location and background that support the style you chose. Visuals, backgrounds, and locations should also help you reinforce your message.
Review and edit
Before finalising your plan, review and edit your storyboard, shot list, and visuals to ensure that they work together to achieve the desired outcome.
These social media video production tips will help you create high-quality videos for your audience.
Filming Your Video
Now that you have your script and visuals, it’s time to press record.
Here are some tips to help you get the most out of your social media video production process:
- Take your time: Don’t rush through the filming process. Take the time to set up each shot carefully. Consider how they all work together.
- Follow the visual list you prepared: Use your visual list to ensure that you capture all of the shots you need to tell your story. This will help you stay organised and avoid missing any important shots.
- Pay attention to the details: Consider the lighting, sound, and camera angles. This will ensure that the final product is visually appealing and looks professional.
- Experiment with camera angles: Don’t be afraid to experiment with different camera angles to add visual interest to your shots. For example, using a low-angle shot gives your subject power, while a high-angle shot creates a sense of vulnerability.
- Keep it steady: Use a tripod to keep the camera steady and avoid shaky footage.
- Capture different takes: Capture multiple takes of each shot to give yourself more editing options. This will allow you to have a wide selection of footage to choose from.
Editing your video
Editing videos can be complex.
The easiest way to do it as a beginner is to use video editing apps such as Capcut.
Here are some tips when editing your video in mobile apps like Capcut:
- Import your photos and organise them
- Trim and remove bad takes
- Assemble the shots
- Add your B-rolls
- Add text and subtitles
- Work on your transitions
- Apply effects
- Add your audio
- Work on colour grading
Use AI To Scale and Enhance Your Video Content Creation Process
We couldn’t write an article about social media video production tips to boost your engagement this year without talking about AI.
Sure, AI won’t replace human creativity. But it can be used as a tool to enhance your video.
Here’s how tools like Chat GPT can help streamline and improve your video production process:
Helping you Find Video Topic Ideas For Different Channels:
AI tools like Chat GPT are a great help when it comes to brainstorming topics in a specific niche.
We recently posted an article about using Chat GPT to simplify video production and generate new topic ideas. Don’t hesitate to check it out.
Allowing You to Personalise and Plan Your Content Based on Your Audience
You can ask Chat GPT to plan your content for weeks by feeding it information about your audience and their pain points.
Streamlining The Research Phase Before Writing Your Script
These tools can generate ideas and scour millions of websites within minutes. And this saves you precious time in the research process.
Helping You Throughout The Video Production Phase
Sure, you still need to ensure your work is unique and your video reflects your brand personality.
But they can be very useful for beginners learning the ropes of social media video production.
No Time To Learn The Ins and Outs of Social Media Video Production?
Social media video production requires time, equipment, and a specific skill set. And that’s exactly what we offer here at DreamCube Productions.
Leveraging years of experience and expertise in the social media video production space, we help busy business owners and marketers like you create highly engaging videos for their audience.
So, don’t hesitate to get in touch to discuss your goals today. We’d love to help you reach them!